Friday 27 May 2011

TCR #60 My Girls - Melissa Frances 5th Avenue

Gee, time really flies so incredibly fast! Once again it's Friday, which means release time over at both TCR in Australia and CCG in the US.

TCR palette #60 is a sweet and romantic one, just savour Barely Pink, Lilac, Rose Bud and Pale Mint. Miss Marple is in heaven!

Having written that, I got an image flashing in my mind; do you remember the 1990's BBC sitcom "Keeping Up Appearances" with brilliant actress Patricia Routledge as the main character Hyacinth Bucket (who insists her last name is pronounced "Bouquet")? I just loved it! Hmmm ... Hyacinth or Marple?!


With romance and the sweet mild hues in the palette in mind, I thought I would scrap one of our wedding photos from May 2000. The photo shoot took place in a sun dappled glade just off the little chapel of Djursholm in Stockholm when Mother Nature was basking in the glory of her own delicate abundance.

Here's my second layout as RDA:

#60_My Girls-main Eila 4000px

Well, it's obviously me to the left and DH in the middle. The girl wearing the wreath is Emelie, my stepdaughter whom you've seen in some of my pages before. Here she is only 12 years old, a gawky very long-legged girl soooo deeply disappointed that I didn't have a loooooong veil and looooong train just the likes she had seen princesses have on TV .... but she was rather pleased with her flower wreath and the ring pillow she was entrusted with. Spreading rose petals during our exit also made up big time for not getting to carry my train. :))

All the papers used are from the Melissa Frances 5th Avenue line. Couldn't help piling it on ending up with a rather chunky page despite little distressing treatment made.

#60_My Girls-2 Eila 4000px

We recently celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in what else than - pink champagne of course!

This time I only fussy cut the flowers in the top, used 2 of the same paper and pop-dotted the cut-out detail over the same detail. Some Prima blooms and a snippet of an old Prima Holiday Lights. I just love Webster's Pages new stick pins, got one stuck in together with a pearly one in this cluster.

#60_My Girls-3 Eila 4000px

More Prima's in the cluster.

#60_My Girls-4 Eila 4000px

#60_My Girls-5 Eila 4000px

I was rather worried when the Icelandic vulcano started spewing out its clouds of ash and the air lines in northern Europe started cancelling flights. Seems things have calmed down now though. Monday sees the Sandbergs on their annual trip to swinging London, UK! YAY! Will be back next Friday folks!

After a bonanza of romance, I would like to leave you in a glorious explosion of bright, dazzling colours and a lingering sweet taste of spices. Dear friends, come with me on a magical visit to India and the blog of my sweet scrappy friend Anupama, just click HERE for a tour with the First Lady of scrapbooking in India!

Much love xxx Eila

12 comments:

  1. Oh Eila what a delish page with all those yummy layers and flowers...you did well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful again your page and a wonderful picture...love your layers and yummie flowers.
    Happy trip!
    byeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. RDA at TCR, CCG and now OUAS.....You are on a roll, Eila, with your gorgeous pages! thanks a lot for posting the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just PERFECT in every way Eila, not a sibgle detail was spared, and you look so beautiful and your DH looks so happy, just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eila, I am able to post again LOL, tks so much for your Birthday wishes over at CCG, I appreciate it, Loving this layout, you look gorgeous and the dress is stunning, love all the elements and I must check out that color room blog this week, been soooo busy. Take care have a fab week in London! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Eila - these papers suit you just perfectly!! Loving all the layers & can't wait to attack that lovely palette myself :) Congrats on another stunning RDA piece - next up is a DT for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the color combos is romantic and so does that layout.it is beautifully done dear. Very precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh me , oh my ! I cant keep up with you my dear! trust you will have a terrific time in London !!!! & such a precious pic to scrap! The soft colors & delicate layers & details are perfect with it !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nyyyydelig LO - elsker alle dine lag_på_lag!! og så vakre bilder!

    Nå har jeg satt venner og bekjente på jakt etter Corinne Collection og det ser ut til at disse har inne:
    http://www.franticstamper.com/prima-tropical.htm

    Håper du har hell med deg og får tak i disse nydelige blomstene!

    Klemmer
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!This is stunning my dear firend!!!Just another gorgeus page as always!!!I love all the details they are great !!!
    Have a great week
    Kisses and huges from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning! Gorgeous photo from your wedding day! I love all the papers that you have layered, and how the ends are not quite adhered flat...gives such great dimension. Love your flower clusters too, the fussy cut flowers and the pearl hat pins that you used to keep it together. Enjoy your trip to the UK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness the layers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete