Friday 13 January 2012

TCR #93 Adored & Cherished and #93B Elsa's Sweet Dream

Hello peeps!

Once again it's Friday which means release time over at TCR. We have a gorgeous set of palettes for January, specifically designed for the new ranges of products at MEG'S GARDEN, who are sponsoring us for the month of January.

This week brings us a gorgeous vintage inspired palette from Her Room.


I made two layouts for this palette, the first one I called "Adored & Cherished".

#93_Adored & Cherished 4000px-main

This little man is the youngest member of our big family of aunties, uncles, cousins and grandchildren. He's the son of my youngest cousin.

Unfortunately I had to leave the photo of my page a tad too dark or else the lovely pattern of the pale pink backing paper would have been lost entirely for the viewer.

#93_Adored & Cherished 4000px-2

Green pearl sparklers from Webster's Pages as flower centres. The birdie is from KaiserCraft Sweet Nothings.

I cut out the centre of the medaillon and placed a pink label from another paper from Meg's Garden in its place. I also stamped small hearts in dusty pink chalk randomly over the borders of the page.

#93_Adored & Cherished 4000px-3

A metal bookplate from Tim Holtz that I gessoed and misted in Vintage Pink. White buttons strewn around and some thread that I also misted in the same pink.

#93_Adored & Cherished 4000px-4

Here you can see the colours better. That label to the left is of course cut out from one of the MG papers. The photo is matted with both patterned paper, a doily, a circular lacey chippie misted in Olive Vine from the French online store Embelliscrap, a round floral die-cut from KaiserCraft and a sheet note paper on top of a patterned paper from MG.

A resin key hole from Melissa Frances and a dito in metal from Tim Holtz.

#93_Adored & Cherished 4000px-5

Fussy cutting and more of the misted thread, a resin Prima bird and KaiserCraft roses.

#93_Adored & Cherished 4000px-6

The second page is with the same range of papers from Meg's Garden but I've mainly used the fussy-cut flowers and misted/masked my white cardstock for a very subtle pattern.

I've called it "Elsa's Sweet Dream", a totally ridiculous title I know, but it has to do with what's in the glass she's dipping her paw into and the Swedish word "Saft" on the trinket in the top left cluster.

#93B_Elsa's Sweet Dream 4000px-main

Here I've used white cardstock as base and then cut out the green frame from a MME Lost&Found 2 paper.

#93B_Elsa's Sweet Dream 4000px-2

This is our Elsa last summer. Hubby and I were sitting on our balcony having a glass of raspberry fruit-drink (SAFT in Swedish) when she jumped up on the table and stuck her paw into my glass before I could do or say anything. The next second she licked her paw and dipped into the glass again. That was the end to my cool drink! Nothing else to do but let Miss Elsa have her drink.

This is also the way she drinks her water: dips the paw, then licks it. Our Alice on the other hand, likes to drink hers straight from the tap while Max our boy does it the classic way; from his bowl. Who says cats don't have personalities?!

#93B_Elsa's Sweet Dream 4000px-3

A teensy glimps of the misting/masking.

#93B_Elsa's Sweet Dream 4000px-4

My pal Lindy in Brisbane sent me pretty pretty white crocheted doilies, here's one peeking out under the bottom cluster. A script vine from Prima, chippie birdies from DA, some mixed flowers from one of my kits from Swirlydoos and some fussy cutting tucked in there.

#93B_Elsa's Sweet Dream 4000px-5

That's all for today my friends! I apologize for not being my usual chirpy self, but today I have to admit that I might have been bitten by a bug. I slept for 13 hours last night and woke up sweating and freezing at the same time. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Take care, have fun and see you next time!

xoxoxo Eila

15 comments:

  1. Your layouts are both so beautiful...and such precious photographs. I enjoyed reading so much about your cats, and how they drink... and certainly can relate to odd drinking habits. I have a Burmese and she has to drink from a 'vase' on the windowsill, or she will not drink. You were so lucky to be able to catch Elsa in the 'act'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool work both of the pages.Lovely details and the papers are to Yummie from Meg's garden did not see them over here yet....or ist jet!
    Wish you a lovely weekend and hope you feeling better than!!!
    byeeeeeeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEEEED these papers!!! Your projects are gorgeous - love the button details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ella!
    OH MY GOODNESS these both are Goooooooooooorgeous....
    The detail in both layouts are DIVINE!!

    I know it been a while since I stopped by..
    BUT! with Chrissy & School holidays, I don't get to stop by very many blogs!!
    Also THANKS for your kind words!!!
    Your a Sweetie...
    Hope you feel better REAL soon.... ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. LVOE this sweet baby picture! with the music pages and bird.. sooo sweet! then the cat layout sends me right over the edge! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful!!! And those kitty pics are adorable! I love all of the pretty little "frilly" touches are on this page! The buttons and everything! The "Cherished" page is just so precious and the kitty page is gorgeous with that green background and all the pink! I love TCR palette, I hate that I missed this one! Beautiful beautiful work. Always love checking your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny story about the drinking habits Eila, love it. Pretty layouts with lots of lovely things to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful the layout with the baby i think it is a fav of yours for me now.The cat pics are adorable as is the layout.Happy new Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, 2 layouts Eila, you have been busy, Both are stunning, love the first one, just beautiful details and embellishments to look at. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are packed with scrappy goodness. I love your eye for detail, your fine hand work, and your ability to give a layout life with your gift of words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your feeling better miss E...both layouts are stunning with all sorts of lovelyness and gorgeous details...love the Elsa story very amazing...
    cheers
    Lindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Eila, hope you feel better today! Precious baby layout so pretty and the cats are so hilarious love the stories you tell about them. Gorgeous creations, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. adore your 2 pages.. the baby is so sweet and the cat is too funny. Love your pages Eila!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear Eila! I feel terrible that I haven't had the time to read this and now you are sick - or probably recovered by now!! Please forgive me - life has been very tough this side with Shane away and our friend in ICU very sick and so much to catch up with and do this month. Both your layouts are a feast for the eyes - so exquisite and lovely. The details as always are amazing. I just love the pictures of your kitty - ours are the same - we have one that cries at the tap every day too!! Get well soon and hope you are already feeling on top of the world and back to your chirpy self xx

    ReplyDelete