Friday 18 January 2013

OUAS January 2013 - "Precious Moments"

When the sun woke up from its sleep early this Friday morning and turned its bright disc towards earth, a special friend took her final breath and kissed farewell to life. No more pains, no more struggle. Chasing butterflies on your meadow, smiling, happy and free at last. You will always be in our hearts.

 

Special memories is also the theme for my January page for Once Upon A Sketch. I made a page even if it is team A's turn in January, team B will create for February.

Up to December, we still had just the one challenge per month but we had split the team in 2 and Team A had a reveal on the 1st and Team B on the 15th. SO our team is still split in 2 and will take turns in reveals in each month. So for example half of the team will have a reveal in January and the other half in February and so on.


Theme: "The start of something new" 

The new year is among us. What better way to celebrate change, renewed hope and having a positive attitude than with a brand new year? A new start...a new horizon and the start of something new! A new year is full of possibilities. So in honor of the start of 2013, we would like you to create a layout and interpret the theme "The start of something new..." however you like. Whatever that sentence inspires you to scrap then go for it. 

Ideas for journalling: Include the theme sentence as your title, a new job coming up or the beginning of a new job and in the past and what it meant to you, a child's new toy, a new house you are building/moving in to or one you have moved in already, a new year and what it means to you, a new attitude, the start of a new school year, a new relationship - yours, a family members, your child's, a new friendship, new wardrobe, new diet, new phone, new haircut... 

Your layout must incorporate this theme and the sketch below. Please make sure that we see some sort of journalling on your layouts and please tell us where your journalling is . You are allowed to journal in any language but please tell us where on your page we will find your journalling. Remember journalling has to be a bit more than a title, or a generic comment. Hidden journalling is perfectly fine. 

Our challenges will now end on the 25th of each month to give us enough time to vote and announce the winners before the new challenges go up on the 1st of each month. Please do remember that Sydney is MANY hours ahead of most of the world and your layout MUST be linked up by midnight 26th! SO please do take note of the new due date!


Here is my take - "Precious Moments"

 OUAS JAN2013 Precious Moments 800px main
Swedish Maja Design is one of the sponsors over OUAS in January. Had some extra sheets of their beautiful collection Vintage Summer Basics in my stash, so all papers used are from this collection.

 OUAS JAN2013 Precious Moments - 2
Script and chicken wire stamping.

 OUAS JAN2013 Precious Moments - 3
A gorgeous chippie butterfly from Imaginarium Design, also one of the sponsors of OUAS. On this one I used Tattered Angels mist in Black Cherry and Vintage Pink. I also misted in Patina and Midnight Blue before using chalk in Peacock and a bit of acrylic paint in gold.

 OUAS JAN2013 Precious Moments - 4
Chippie title also from Imaginarium Design. I misted it in Tattered Angels Rose Tea, Creme de Rouge, Cranberry Zing and Auburn before randomly dotting on Stickles in Diamon.

 OUAS JAN2013 Precious Moments - 5
The frame and butterfly tucked into the mini cluster are also from Imaginarium Design. Same treatment on both butterflies. The frame was misted in Tattered Angels Wheatfileds, Patina and Midnight Blue and touched-up with acrylic paint in gold before stamped gently with a script stamp.

 OUAS JAN2013 Precious Moments - 6
The circle of life and the birth of life very much stand for the start of something new for me. Seeing both these photos on the blog of the Finnish photographer that I have mentioned many times before, gave me the inspiration for my page. Delicate, sweet and filled with light.

I had not yet decided on the exact wording of my journalling although I knew what I wanted to document. Now it has got an added dimension to it, I wrote a personal letter to my friend. I put it at the back of my page. New beginnings.

 OUAS JAN2013 Precious Moments - 7

 OUAS JAN2013 Precious Moments - 8

 OUAS JAN2013 Precious Moments - 9 

Color..Stories..Inspiration (CSI) will release their case file # 55 later this Friday US EST time/midnight European time. I will be back on Wednesday, 22 Jan to share it with you. I will then also share the third page that I made for my GDT spot with Inkido.

Only a week left to the CSI blog hop!! stay tuned! Here's a sneaky peaky of the CSI # 55 palette.


Wishing you all a beautiful weekend!! kiss your loved ones and extra time and tell them how much they mean to you. Blessings!

Toodeloo! xoxo Eila

15 comments:

  1. So gorgeous- as always, you do such beautiful background work and your photos are just beyond gorgeous!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always Eila. So soft & dreamy. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Eila I just cried through your whole post. What a beautiful homage to your friend may she rest in piece with God. I'm sure she could read your letter up in heaven. What beautiful pictures I love the one with the feather. Thinking of you and sending you my love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, you have recorded it so beautifully! It's such a gorgeous and meaningful lay-out! Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous page and a beautiful way to honor your friend. Wishing you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to read about ur friend EilaXX Sending u a big hug XXX Ur page is gobsmakingly beautiful as always. So many gorgeous details

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry to hear about your friend, just remember that she now has your angels wings and will be with you everyday. :)
    Totally love your pages, lots of gorgeous details, beautiful, have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Words fail me Eila as I think of what you must be going through. I would like to imagine your friend in a much happier place free from pain and worldly worries. Sending you big hugs, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Eila...my heart and thoughts are with you as you grieve- she was certainly lucky to have a friend such as yourself.

    Take care,

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastisk fin side , for noen nydelige detaljer du har lagt på den , nydelige bilder å en fantastisk stemning

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sweet Eila! I am so sorry for your loss :( I am sure she is singing with the angels right about now!

    What a beautiful page you have created! I admire your work and the beautiful photography! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to read about your dear friend Eila! Big hugs to you and my deepest condolences...What an outstanding page full of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How very beautiful Eila, the page and the reason you made it. :) Every one of your pages has such very special meanings and I love that about your work. Love the treatment you gave the chippies and the frame and oh boy...do I love Maja!! Stunning, stunning layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another gorgeous page and the layering just wonderful! Fabulous sentiment too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete