Tuesday 11 June 2013

Blue Fern Studios - "Blooming Beauty"


Hi there!

Time flies when one has fun and I've really enjoyed working with the chipboards from Blue Fern Studios. Cannot believe 6 months have already gone and I've come to my second last page created for them.

But today is 11 June and I have my post up on the Blue Fern Studios blog HERE

I am sharing one of the pages today and the very last one made as BFS DT tomorrow. But I have many other pages on which I've used the BFS chipboards, to share with you in coming blog posts.


The papers used on my page are from KaiserCraft Magnolia Grove except the paler pink on the top, which is from Polish The ScrapCake.

The pretty tulle trim and the beautiful green ribbon, as well as the gorgeous velvet apple blossoms in the bottom cluster, are gifts from my beautiful and mighty generous pal Lindy Gillespie in Australia. THANK YOU darling!

Here I have mounted one of the beautiful butterflies from the Brigitte Butterfly Set topped by a little piece of chippie from the top of a Garden Window, you know the bits that you remove, on top of a Royal Border - Large. I have also used a cameo from BoBunny. 

The Royal Border was misted in Olive Vine + Apple + Gold + before I swiped acrylic paint in gold randomly over it.

The butterfly was misted in dark berry pink tones before it was covered in Glimmer Glam Chandelier for ultra glossy sparkle.

Brigitte Butterfly Set 
Brigitte Butterfly Set (074387)

 Royal Border 
Royal Border ( 074370)

 Garden Window 
Garden Window (074691)
I used the mini flourish taken out from the top 


In this cluster as well as in the large one at the bottom, I used the Garden Daisies - Large.

It was first dabbed in yellow and green before the flower heads were covered in micro beads in gold.

Garden Daisies - Large 
Garden Daisies - Large (074967)

The title is also from Blue Fern Studios - the Blooming Beauty. It had the same treatment as the Royal Border.

Blooming Beauty 
Blooming Beauty (074554)



In the large bottom cluster, I tucked in the curved piece of the chain from the Fancy Fob Watch. It was first covered  in Winsor & Newton Glass Beads Texture Gel before painted in gold acrylic paint.

There's a close up of the velvet apple blooms and the tulle *sigh*

Fancy Fob Watch 
Fancy Fob Watch (075148)




There we are, our Blooming Beauty - our Emelie.

I will share my last layout as DT of Blue Fern Studios tomorrow. Thanks ever so much for your visit!

Toodelipip! xoxox Eila

9 comments:

  1. This is incredibly beautiful in every way, Eila..I have Sooo enjoyed your BFS creations these past six months..you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, your lay-out looks so beautifully romantic and feminine. I really love all the details, especially the pretty microbeads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so beautiful!! what a gorgeous picture and you've decorated it perfectly girly with all the flowers and chippies!!
    beautiful my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunnng! Lots to keep the eye busy wandering over the page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW this is just deliciously decadent & full of absolutely beautiful touches Eila! I do agree the time has just flown - 6 months really isn't long is it?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness !! What a beautiful page and so much detail. I love how you have kept this page looking relatively simple and fresh and yet there are so many wonderful details that have been expertly and so subtly used. Love the gold micro beads. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh WOW... another gorgeous layout Eila.... You know I adore your style!... hugs..x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely miss your Blue Fern creations, Eila! They are all GORGEOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did that 6 months go ha!!! just beautiful my friend love the little touches with the flowers and the tulle and those cute little micro beads- xoxo

    ReplyDelete