Sunday 3 November 2013

Scrap Around The World November challenge - close-ups of my page "Precious"


Hello again!

Hope you all had a good Halloween if you celebrate it, and those of you who don't - hope you're having a good weekend. In Sweden we had All Hallow's. We visit the graves of our departed, or the memorial groves if we don't have a grave. There we place a lit lantern and often a small pine wreath too.

Here's a photo of how beautiful the cemeteries throughout our country glowed yesterday  in the dark and misty November evening.

 
 
On a happier note, Scrap Around The World's November challenge went live on 1 November, here's the mood board and optional sketch again to jog your memory;

 
 I am donating the 5th prize, an assortment of Prima goodies (well there's a pack of KaiserCraft jewels in there too) worth USD 30 
including shipment anywhere in the world. 

To be eligible for the prize, one must first be a follower of my blog.
 
And here is my take; 
 You know I am not the vibrant kind of gal, 
had myself a couple of moments before this one came together. 
Actually, I made another one, but had a series of mishappenings 
with it, so I just binned it and had myself a huuuge mug of coffee 
before I got down to making this one.
Mostly stash-raided stuff on it.
 
 The young lady in the photo is my DH's daughter Em 
who is now 24 years old. 
In the piccie she must have been 18 or so.

 The blooms come from my stash. I know the lilac one and pink rose are Prima, but have no clue about the others. Could be Petaloo, Inkido or any other brand. I had them loose in a box.

 These hearts are lifted from the amazing Gabrielle Pollacco. 
She has the cutest little hearts on many of her pages.





Product list
Papers
 Maja Design "Vintage Christmas" (brown at the bottom)
Maja Design "Sofiero" (lilac and ditsy print)
BoBunny "C'est la vie" - all other papers

Embellishments
Die-cuts from KaiserCraft miscellaneous collections
Prima resin frame
Prima miscellaneous blooms
Webster's Pages lace trim
BoBunny chipboard pieces and dimensional stickers "C'est la vie"
Miscellaneous pearls and jewels
Snippets of burlap
Twine
***
Have a beautiful week and thank you so much for your visit!
I'll be back on Tuesday, 5th with the OUAS November reveal 
that also went live on 1 November.

Cheers! xoxo Eila

8 comments:

  1. Well dear Eila, I can't imagine you having to bin anything!! Thanks goodness for big cups of coffee. I like the pink and purple combo and the way you combine soft textures with coarser (like the hessian and string). The photo is beautiful and your page does her proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As laways gorgeous LO! love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this layout, I have a want to use odd bits of everything here & there to use up some of my stash .I really love using flowers & you have done well with your arrangement.
    Love the cute bird.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning Eila.... Isn't it great to use up all the stash!!!..... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous photo and stunning page! Beautiful in every way Eila!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous layout and love how it turned out! Love the colouring and such a beautiful young lady! Every now and then I also have a dud, which gets binned or sidelined for another day....but I am sure that everyone does! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page Eila!!! love all the little details on this one - can relate to the bin episode have done that also...been so busy with the wedding and the move shall email in a couple of days with some pics.dear Eila...love Lindy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful again!! I'm just repeating myself all the time but I just love your work!!

    ReplyDelete